In today's world, making disciples is no simple matter.
You need to know who’s attending what, how to get in touch with your people, what they give, how to report the data you keep . . . the list goes on. Because a thriving church membership system is about more than just a directory, it’s about empowering your ministry for real-world impact.
Every thriving church knows that the staff who manage your members and the tools they use day in and day out to keep track of your flock are keys to a healthy ministry.
4 Best Practices for Data Cleanup
Define what a “clean database” means at your church. Your definition will be based your circumstances, how you use your database, and how many people have access.
Rely on each team member to be a stakeholder in data integrity. This means any time a staff member regularly interacts with a congregant – volunteers especially – they need to obtain up-to-date data on these individuals.
Create a data cleanup schedule. There are tasks that should be done weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
Once you’ve cleaned up, keep it up! You may have to limit the number of people who have the rights to do certain functions, like create new profiles or add family members.
We have three world-class products to help you manage member information:
Recommended if you are a church looking for a comprehensive ChMS solution. Churches of all different sizes and backgrounds rely on ACS each day to manage their ministries. ACS People, its core module, is the #1 member management solution for churches.
- Accessible via OnDemand so you can work from home or on the road too
- Over 20 different modules work together to give you deep functionality across many ministry needs
- OnDemand includes support through the Preferred Client Program
Recommended if you are a Catholic organization looking for the top member management software choice for Catholic parishes, schools and dioceses worldwide. Catholic ministries choose PDS to track memberships, sacraments, nonprofit accounting, and so much more.
- Traditional installed software that's available OnDemand so you can work from home or on the road too
- Built by Catholic experts for Catholic organizations
- Fits Catholic organizations of any size
Recommended if you are a church looking to leverage the latest technology for your staff. Realm is an exciting new product and is leading the next generation software for churches. It's an easy-to-learn online solution that is perpetually growing in functionality.
- 100% Web-based and accessible through a browser or mobile smartphone
- Automatically updated and always current
- Enables members to take ownership of some of their information