Nearly everyone in America loves Thanksgiving. It is a time to eat turkey, watch parades and football, and gather with family.
We each certainly have our own Thanksgiving traditions. Hopefully, these customs also include supporting our local churches with their Thanksgiving outreach. The Thanksgiving season is a great opportunity to be a blessing to others in need (as are all seasons).
As great as that event can be spiritually moving, can you imagine the impact upon your family and local church if you were to have a spirit of Thanksgiving every day?
Here are five different things we can thank God for every day, regardless of our individual circumstances in life.
I am thankful to God each day for:
- Opportunity for salvation: Remembering Jesus’ sacrifice – Romans 6:23 – “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- My church: No church is perfect, but be thankful to be a part of something God created that is much bigger than one person.
- Another day of life: James 4:14 says, “Our lives are like a vapor that appears for a little while and then goes away.” Life is short and each day is a gift from God.
- God’s Word: Unique from any other book we could ever read – The Bible is “absolute truth” from God that helps us navigate this life with guidance and direction from Him.
- God’s provision: Remembering and thanking God for the simple ways He always takes care of our needs.
We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season! Through the ups and downs of life, may we have the spirit of thanksgiving and give thanks to God each day for all He does in our lives.