Mother’s Day is here again. It’s the 3rd largest retail holiday and millions of people spend billions of dollars to show mom they care. Don’t ignore this meaningful day. Leverage the day for the health of your church body.
Here are 5 things you must do this Mother’s Day.
1) Inspire people to spend time with their moms and not just spend money. People buy cards, flowers, meals, clothes and jewelry, but the thing moms want most is quality time. Bless them with your time and attention to show them how much they mean to you. Time invested in those we love is never wasted time.
2) Encourage people to remember those who are without children through infertility or by miscarriage. The pain of miscarriage or infertility doesn’t easily pass, and we must be sensitive to the women in our lives who bear this burden. Be mindful to encourage and love on them this day.
3) Remind people to remember their grandmothers and spiritual mothers. Millions of grandparents are living with or caring for their grandchildren, many more than in past generations. And some women are spiritual mothers to those God has placed in their lives. It is honoring to take time to thank those who have poured into our lives and encouraged us along the way. Let’s be sure to let them know how much they are loved and appreciated.
4) Share some scriptures which will refresh the souls of the women in your church. Here’s a few that will work, but there are many others. (1 Timothy 5:2, Ephesians 6:1-3, Isaiah 49:15, Isaiah 66:13, John 19:25-27, Proverbs 31:10-12, Proverbs 14:1, Proverbs 23:22-25, Proverbs 6:20-22 Proverbs 17:6, Proverbs 1:8-9, Psalm 139:13,, Psalm 127:3, Psalm 113:9)
5) End church on time. People probably have lunch or dinner plans with their wives and mothers. Don’t drag out your service unless you are absolutely sure God would have you to do it. Value their time and let your people go.