Here are some easy snack ideas to make your VBS snacks a great success!
God Created Everything Snack Mix!
This is an easy recipe that can be made quickly and put into snack bags for quick distribution!
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal (substitute Chocolate Chex or Cinnamon Chex for a twist)
- 3 cups kettle corn
- 1 1/2 cups small pretzel sticks or mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies or peanut candy-coated chocolate candies
Makes 24 servings
In a large serving bowl, add ingredients; mix well.
- Store in a closed container. (No refrigeration needed.)
- Try different colored candy-coated chocolate candies or chocolate chips to customize the mix for the season.
The BEST VBS Rice Krispie Treats Ever!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Spray a 9″X13″ pan.
- Melt butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, then stir in Rice Krispies Cereal.
- While pressing, mix it into a pan to cool before cutting it into squares.
- Other ingredients like M&M’s®, sprinkles, etc., can be added while pressing into the pan to cool.
Treats Made by God!
Fresh Fruit is always a great treat on a hot summer day!
Select a variety of fruit that is in season
- White or Red Grapes
- Mandarin Oranges
Cut fruit into small pieces and place it into a snack bag for easy distribution.
- Add a small cup of yogurt to dip the fruit in.
Cool VBS Treats
- Large bananas
- Wooden Sticks
- Semi-sweet Chips, chopped
- Peel bananas and cut them in half, then skewer the flat end of the bananas with the wooden sticks.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place bananas on the sheet, and let them sit in the freezer for one hour.
- Microwave the chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 30-second increments. Stir as needed.
- Spoon chocolate over frozen bananas until covered to within an inch of the bottom. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Cover and return bananas to the freezer until needed.
- Add sprinkles, nuts, coconut, rice cereal, etc. after applying the chocolate for a special treat.
Friday Celebration Treat!
There is no way better to celebrate the end of VBS than with a fun cupcake. No directions needed. Make your favorite recipe (or packaged mix), and be creative with your icing and toppings! Or offer a cupcake topping bar if you have lots of helpers!