2020 taught us how to rethink the way we do events. From planning and organizing to having limits on the number of people we invite to our gatherings. I’m afraid it will be no different going into 2021. Continuing to have small groups host gatherings is a must. This way your congregation will feel safe and be willing to attend. Here are a few ideas on how to still have your New Year’s Eve gatherings:
- Have a huge bonfire outside. Set up s’mores, hot cocoa, and coffee stations for attendees to keep warm while bringing in the New Year.
- Turn it into a game night. Have each person or family in your group bring their favorite game. Then take turns playing them throughout the night.
- Have a PJ Party. Make everyone wear their pajamas. You can order pizza and watch movies until it’s time to watch the ball drop.
- Create a scavenger hunt. Come up with clues on where to find different items around your house, yard, or neighborhood. Split into teams and start the hunt. Whichever team finds all of the items first wins!
- Have everyone bring items for a time capsule. Bury it in a safe place and then, in a few years, go back and dig it up.
Whatever you decide to do this New Year’s Eve, make it fun! We all need a lighthearted, fun night with friends and family. These are just a few ideas, but we would love to hear your ideas. Leave us a comment and tell us how you are planning to bring in the New Year.