Social connection is so important right now. While some are getting back to meeting up with friends and family, others are choosing to stay home where they feel more comfortable. Reaching these individuals in your small group is necessary to make them feel connected to your church or parish. Planning a virtual game night is an easy way to include everyone in your group.
Here are a few game ideas you can use.
- Scavenger Hunt – Come up with a list of common household items. Call these items out during your virtual get together and the person who gets the most items in the fastest time wins.
- Get to Know Your Small Group Members – Have your members come up with a presentation about themselves. Give each member a time limit to present their presentation. Make sure they include interesting facts about themselves, what they’re passionate about, etc.
- Theme Song Trivia – Use Youtube to play some of the most commonly known television theme songs. Let the other members guess what the songs are. The person who guesses correctly first wins.
- I Spy – Each of your members takes turns saying something they spy in another member’s video. Then the other members have to find that object. The person who owns the object can tell a little bit about the object if it has an interesting story behind it.
- Talent Show – There’s been a lot of time on our hands to learn new things. Have each of your group members go around and show off a talent they have picked up during quarantine.
All of these options are super easy to put together and pull off virtually. It will bring your members closer together and gives everyone a chance to get to know each other a little bit better. Don’t forget about the prizes for the winners either! Amazon eGift cards are an easy way to reward the winners.