Parish Data System is the top software solution for parish membership, stewardship, management, and financial accounting needs.
Bridging ministry and technology to the Greek Orthodox Church, her parishes, metropolises, and Archdiocese.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America has worked with Parish Data System to provide software solutions for parish membership, stewardship, management, and financial accounting needs. Ledger is also available and comes preloaded with the National Chart of Accounts, and a separate sample database module, allowing for “what-if” scenarios without affecting your actual data.
Frequently Asked Questions
How did PDS adapt Church Office for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese?
We’ve included many Orthodox features and continue to develop the program. Here’s what we’ve incorporated:
• Set Up: We provide a specific Orthodox option during setup.
• Database: When setting up the program the first time many tables are pre-populated with data specifically for Orthodox churches. This includes every feast day celebrated in the parishes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
• Email/Phones: Phones/Email screen renamed to Communications and includes links for Facebook, Twitter, and blog.
• Member Communication: Member Quick Communication report allows you to send text messages and emails to members, students, catechists, and teachers.
• Dates: PDS supports approximate dates and new date formats. Full dates, month and year, year only, month only.
• Relationships: The Relationships screen allows you to link related families and members together. For existing families/members, link families/members not in the database, Similar to Contacts. Tracks multigenerational families, and is also a solution for how to handle Godparent/Godchildren relationships, grandparents, and children in divorced/separated situations.
• Import: Enhanced import processes enable you to import family, member, ministry, sacramental, and contribution information.
• Funds: The Funds Used menu is grouped by fund for easier selecting when you have many old fund periods.
• Member Memorials: Track memorials with ease; send thank you letters to contributors and get a list of contributors for the family.
• License/Sacraments: Select Metropolis from a list of choices on License and Sacrament Place Names and Address screens.
• Reports: Listing Reports that support voting procedures so your parish can comply with election rules, member in good standing letter, and others.
• Email: Use the “Email is Unlisted” check box so you can omit the selected email address from any reports created for external use.
• Sacraments: Select a Saint Name from a predefined list of choices. Manage and maintain data for Chrismations, Memorials, Ecclesiastical Divorces, and others.
How does PDS support my Time, Talent, and Treasure Stewardship initiative?
We believe it is part of our ministry to help you use technology to minister to your Parish. For this purpose, we have developed a process for evangelizing your local community through Stewardship. We have included worksheets, reports, sample letters, labels, payment booklets, in short, the ideas to help you use the information you have in PDS Church Office to initiate or enhance a Ministry and Stewardship campaign for those enrolled at your church. PDS takes you from the beginning of your Stewardship campaign through goal reporting and progress reports.
How does my parish receive training?
Training is available via a variety of methods including:
• Online self-paced videos
• Webinar training, one to one, or group
Can I continue to use my QuickBooks program?
Yes, you can continue to use QuickBooks or you can use PDS Ledger. Quick posting process of payments and donations from PDS Church Office will generate a file that can be imported into either QuickBooks or PDS Ledger. PDS Ledger is in full production and available to all of our parishes.
Can data from my current program be converted to PDS Church Office?
Yes, your data will be converted and migrated from your current program to PDS Church Office.
What more can I look forward to?
The program continues to evolve, and new modules are being released as we continue to work together.