Bridging ministry and technology for the Greek Orthodox Church, her parishes, metropolises, and Archdiocese.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America has partnered with Parish Data System for several years in order to provide software solutions for parish membership, stewardship, management, and financial accounting needs. It is the only approved and supported Orthodox Software. Ledger is also available and comes preloaded with the National Chart of Accounts, and a separate sample database module, allowing for “what-if” scenarios without affecting your actual data.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve included many Orthodox features and continue to develop the program in conjunction with the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese. Here’s a small portion of what we’ve incorporated so far:
• Set Up: We provide a specific Orthodox option during setup.
• Database: When setting up the program the first time many tables are pre-populated with data specifically for Orthodox churches. This includes every feast day celebrated in the parishes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
• Email/Phones: Phones/Email screen renamed to Communications and includes links for Facebook, Twitter, and blog.
• Member Communication: Member Quick Communication report allows you to send text messages and emails to members, students, catechists, and teachers.
• Dates: PDS supports approximate dates and new date formats. Full dates, month and year, year only, month only.
• Relationships: The Relationships screen allows you to link related families and members together. For existing families/members, link families/members not in database, Similar to Contacts. Tracks multigenerational families, and is also a solution for how to handle Godparent/Godchildren relationships, grandparents, and children in divorced/separated situations.
• Import: Enhanced import processes enable you to import family, member, ministry, sacramental, and contribution information.
• Funds: The Funds Used menu is grouped by fund for easier selecting when you have many old fund periods.
• Member Memorials: Track memorials with ease; send thank you letters to contributors and get a list of contributors for the family.
• License/Sacraments: Select Metropolis from a list of choices on License and Sacrament Place Names and Address screens.
• Reports: Listing Reports that support voting procedures so your parish can comply with election rules, member in good standing letter, and others.
• Email: Use “Email is Unlisted” check box so you can omit the selected email address from any reports created for external use.
• Sacraments: Select a Saint Name from a pre-defined list of choices. Manage and maintain data for Chrismations, Memorials, Ecclesiastical Divorces, and others.
Additional features are currently in development.
We believe it is part of our ministry to help you use technology to minister to your Parish. For this purpose we have developed a process for evangelizing your local community through Stewardship. We have included worksheets, reports, sample letters, labels, payment booklets, in short, the ideas to help you use the information you have in PDS Church Office to initiate or enhance a Ministry and Stewardship campaign to those enrolled at your church. PDS takes you from the beginning of your Stewardship campaign through goal reporting and progress reports.
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese and PDS have a joint Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) which covers all Greek Orthodox parishes in the United States. This includes:
• Program and technical support
• Assistance with reporting and selections
• Data conversion
Training is available via a variety of methods including:
• Regional training
• Online self-paced videos
• Webinar training, one to one, or group
• Training champions
Yes, you can continue to use QuickBooks or you can use PDS Ledger. Quick posting process of payments and donations from Church Office will generate a file that can be imported into either QuickBooks or PDS Ledger. PDS Ledger is in full production and available to all of our parishes.
Yes, your data will be converted and migrated from your current program to PDS Church Office.
PDS and the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese have teamed together for a multi-year partnership. The program continues to evolve, and new modules are being released as we continue to work together.
We are working closely with Effie Marie Smith as we coordinate and schedule program rollout and implementation plans. Since the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America will be covering the costs of the program and for the first year for all the parishes, Effie Marie asks that parishes interested contact her directly for more information. Please contact Effie Marie Smith at 1-212-774-0273 or email her at EMSmith@goarch.org.