365 days sure does seem to fly by faster and faster each year. Our lives move at such a rapid pace in this modern society that life can become a blur. This blog focuses on the 10 things to consider in 2016.
For followers of Christ, we have to be careful not to get so caught up in the whirlwind of life that we miss out on everything God has for us. For many, this means adjustments in our routine. Change is hard, but God expects us to grow in our faith and to be molded by His handiwork. This new year offers all of us a chance to reflect and be renewed by our Lord.
Here are 10 things to consider on how to be right where God wants you as we approach 2016:
1) Carve out and prioritize time with God through Bible study and prayer time.
2) Make time to disconnect from technology and spend it with loved ones.
3) Set goals for the year and prioritize.
4) Give God your best in everything you do.
5) Put others first in 2016 and be especially sensitive to witnessing opportunities to tell others about Christ.
6) Live a life of discipline and balance in all areas.
7) Slow down and enjoy the moment instead of moving to the next thing.
8) Communicate with those closest to you and tell them how important they are to you.
9) Be wary of idle time, which can cause you to be lazy.
10) Live every day like this is the day Jesus may return.
Thoughts on this list? Other things you’d like to add? You can do so in the comments section below.