Our church leaders are often overworked, sometimes lonely, and always underappreciated. So take a few minutes this month to say “thank you” and to show your pastor or priest how grateful you are for all they are doing!
Here are just a few ideas to help you say thank you:
- Write a thank-you note!
- Have the children draw him a chalk mural, pictures, or write notes.
- Decorate their office or desk:
- Hide “thank you” Post-Its everywhere
- Fill a new mug with their favorite candy
- Make funny signs
- Decorate their chair with streamers
- Give them a gift card to a local coffee shop.
- Thank them on social media (and have your congregants post too).
- Buy them an online news or magazine subscription.
- Wash and wax their car.
- Buy them a book or bookstore gift card.
- Make them a casserole (involve the congregation to make this daily).
- Leave them a treat every day in October.
- Buy them a nice bottle of wine.*
So show your church leaders some appreciation this month. Now is the perfect time since the next two months are some of the busiest on the church calendar! No matter what the time of year, a sincere “Thank you” will always work too!
*Not suggested for all faith leaders. 🙂
You need to remove the buy them a nice bottle of wine. That is not appropriate!
Hi. Thank you for your concern. We do have a disclaimer at the end of this article that this is not a suggestion for all denominations and ministry leaders. We understand that some denominations do not permit drinking alcohol, but we chose to add this suggestion for those that do. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.
Showing appreciation to pastors – what a terrific idea! Thank you for this suggestion.