It’s the holiday season – a special time of joy, thanksgiving and hope for the New Year. We all love this season and the opportunities to create lasting memories. This year, we want to make it extra special for you. So, let’s discuss a great way to file your ACA forms with the IRS!
Ah, the mirth…
Anticipating this special season
You can make your year-end less hectic by entering the health care coverage terms for your employees in ACS throughout the year as needed. That way, it’s already done and you can focus on other year-end tasks when it’s time to file taxes.
When the season arrives
Assuming you’ve entered the health care coverage terms for your employees and their dependents, you can file your Affordable Care Act Forms with the IRS. If you haven’t done so already, we recommend setting up the E-File option that’s conveniently built into the latest version of ACS Financials.
The joy of electronically filing your ACA Forms
To create your ACA Forms and electronically file them:
- Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll 941, W2s, and ACA Forms, and click Go.
- On the Affordable Care Act tab, select the Year, Report Type, and Identifying Origin of the Policy.
- Enter the coverage provider information. *Available for 1094-B and 1095-B reports only.
- In the Selection Options section, you can optionally select specific departments and/or specific employees for your electronic filing. For example, if any of your employees left during the year, you wouldn’t want to include them in your electronic filing.
- Click Tax E-File.
A gift for you
This joyful season of tax preparation wouldn’t be complete without a helpful gift to you from us. We have prepared the ACS Year-End Guide to help you stay on course with your year-end tasks! If you’ve read up to this point, you’re excitement is probably uncontrollable. All this talk about year-end procedures, ACA forms, and the IRS helps to make the season bright.
Let’s look forward to it again next tax season!
Meanwhile, we’re always here for you if you have any questions. You can read our help documentation or call us at 1-800-669-2509.