Some of us procrastinate making new year’s resolutions or goals, but it’s not too late to set some goals for our own personal lives. Here are ten things we can do to keep ourselves holistically healthy so we can be more effective as workers and leaders in the church.
- Spend time in the Word daily.
- Spend time in prayer.
- Get 30 minutes of exercise in every day.
- Drink more water (half your body weight in ounces is the daily recommendation).
- Spend 10 minutes meditating or stretching every day/night to clear your mind.
- Limit screen time and put your phone down 30 minutes prior to bedtime.
- Stop scrolling through social media and utilize your time more wisely.
- Read more books.
- Get more sleep by having a set bedtime.
- Ask for help and stop trying to do it all yourself.
In order for us to show up and work hard day after day, we need to invest in ourselves. Don’t underestimate the importance of taking care of your mind, your heart, and your body; not only will you see the benefits for yourself, but you will be more effective taking care of others. God has given us the ability to become holistically healthy — spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and financially. Write down some goals and take it one step at a time to regain control over those areas with God’s help. Let’s be our best selves for our families, our friends, and our church.