Running mail merges from Realm is a great way to send personalized form letters or print envelopes. With our export options from Realm, you can merge those exports into Microsoft Word or Google Docs with just a few extra clicks!
First, you will find the people you want to export using a Custom Query in Realm. That could be anything from people in a specific group, or member status to people with Giving numbers. The steps included here, will get you a list of all members with Giving numbers assigned to them.
- In the main menu, click Reporting – and choose Custom Query.
- Next, you will choose your main attributes. For this example, I chose Member Status – Is equal to – Active Member, Contributor Only, and Active Donor.
- Next click And
- Choose Giving Number – Is Not Blank
- Click And again
- Choose Family Position – is equal to – Head. (This will weed out duplicate lines for spouses and children)
7. Click Show Results
Next, we will set up the columns to show the information we need to merge into our letters.
- Click Edit Columns
- Choose the following options:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Family Name
- Address Line 1 (Primary)
- Address City (Primary)
- Address Postal Code (Primary)
- Click the three dots next to Name/Contact Information and choose Delete
- Click Apply
- Now you are ready to run your export. Click on the printer icon, and choose the option List (csv).
- Choose Individual List and place a check in Only export columns displayed in query results.
- Click Customize
- Place a check in the fields you wish to include in the export
- Click Next
- Rearrange the columns to be in the order you wish them to be in the CSV by clicking and dragging the stacks of dots to the left of the column names.
- Click Done
- Click Run
You are now ready to complete your mail merge! You can find the steps to merge your document on Microsoft’s help page.
Need additional help?
For assistance running your Custom Query and export in Realm, please contact our support team at 800-669-2509 or by clicking on your name in the upper right corner of Realm, and choosing Support to send them an email.