Most churches have many special services at Christmas time. One of the most popular services is on Christmas Eve. As Christ followers, worship of Jesus Christ is certainly appropriate and spiritually uplifting, especially during this season.
The birth of Christ is one of the most – if not the most – significant event to occur in human history. Having a Christmas Eve service, and doing it well, can be an effective outreach to your community.
Here are some tips for churches considering having a Christmas Eve service.
1) Keep it brief – It is suggested to keep this service to a max of 45 minutes.
2) Involve children – Everyone loves to see their children on stage and a part of the service.
3) Share Communion – This is a unique way, and time, to remember Christ’s sacrifice as we celebrate His birth.
4) Offer a few different times for people to attend – Providing time options are important for families who have a lot going on during that afternoon/evening.
1) Make the service too long – Families have busy schedules on Christmas Eve, so don’t make it hard for them to attend by having a lengthy service.
2) Imitate your normal weekend worship service – Give this service some creativity and spice to stand out from your normal weekly worship.
3) Start the service too late in the evening – Most families have other places to be in the evening. Therefore, starting too late will limit who can attend.
4) Make it too formal – Keep the service light and casual to be all inclusive of guests who may be not be regular church attenders.
Are there any other suggestions you’d add to the list? Comment below and let us know.
Merry Christmas from all of us here at ACS Technologies!