Flexibility in record keeping with adherence to nonprofit accounting standards.
ACS General Ledger is the ultimate tool for creating budget reports, income and expense statements, and balance sheets.
- Balance Sheets
- Income & Expense Statements
- Budget Reports
- Visual Chart of Accounts
What You Can Do
- Design and manage one Chart of Accounts with multiple “sets of books” to accommodate multiple funds such as Church Fund, Building Fund, and School Fund.
- Auto Fund Balancing feature can be used to always keep multiple sets of books in balance when making transfers between funds.
- Set up and maintain separate datasets for organizations with different tax numbers or fiscal years such as Preschool and Church datasets.
- Create custom reports with different views of the Chart of Accounts for your auditor, finance committee, or a particular staff member.
- Create subtotals within your Chart of Accounts to print detail or subtotals on reports giving you ultimate flexibility in reporting.
- During the budgeting process export selected accounts to Microsoft Excel for each staff member to adjust.
- Use the copy budget function to create next year’s budget based on last year’s actuals. Balance or reconcile each bank checking account within General Ledger and print a list of outstanding checks and uncleared deposits.
Initial Setup and Use is as Easy as 1-2-3
- Choose system defaults in Setup:
- Setup unlimited bank accounts and multiple “checking accounts” within any single bank account.
- Create as many datasets, funds, departments, committees, areas, and projects as needed.
- Create your unique Chart of Accounts under the nine major headings and up to four sub-headings, and enter budgets or beginning balances.
- Begin entering transactions.
- Ability to reconcile each bank account within the software and print reconciliation reports.
- Maintain standard bookkeeping practices.
- All regularly used accounting reports are supplied along with a variety of other informational reports.
- Post and print any transactions in the current year or previous year.
- Chart of Accounts is presented visually, to help you see the structure and optimize for your needs. Five sub-levels permit easier reporting.
- Enter beginning balances for accounts at start-up.
- Utilize extensive budgeting capabilities, including built-in ‘what if’ analysis link to Microsoft Excel.
- Cross-reference accounts for departments or projects, making customized reports easy to provide.
- Monitor each transaction to insure it is completed in balance for easier end-of-month reconciliation.
- Display account numbers and codes in drop down lists for all entries. No more account numbers to memorize.
- Use an unlimited number of checking accounts.
- Create multiple “checking accounts” within General Ledger while maintaining only one bank account.
- Display transactions in ledger format if preferred. Keyboard navigation and entry fully supported.
- Check writer program included with General Ledger.
- Reports and results can be viewed before posting, so you can see the effect of transactions before they are finalized.
- Customize reports and save to meet your reporting needs.
- Support FASB 116 and 117 reporting requirements for nonprofit organizations.
- Enter and/or edit your budget for the next year at any time.