Safety Done Right in Volunteer Management
Protect the people you care about with comprehensive background checks using advanced technology. ACS Technologies® and Verified First are partnering to bring you this new and improved solution because in today’s world, it’s never been this important to know exactly who is volunteering, serving, working, and caring for everyone in your church family.
#1. This leading, most comprehensive background check process verifies information in the top worldwide screening databases, including:
- Nationwide criminal records
- Sex offender registries
- Interpol, terrorist & FBI watch lists
- Alias searches if requested
- Valid issuance of Social Security Numbers
- Death index
- Driving records
- Education & employment verifications
- County-level records
- Credit check
By using this better background check service, you'll now be able to:
- Track the date background checks were processed
- Send background check requests to volunteers and applicants to complete so you
never need to ask for a Social Security Number
- Easily identify flagged reports to make the reviewing and hiring process faster
#2. It is the most integrated with your ChMS, providing you with an easy-to-use, quick way to fully manage background screenings. Here are just a few benefits:
- Process screenings in bulk, based on a search. You can handle all of your staff and volunteers at once.
- Search for cases where follow-up is needed, or when it’s time for a renewal.
- Add reference codes to make it easier to connect individual screens to relevant departments.
Pastors want everyone safe.
As a leader, your ultimate responsibility is to protect your attendees and give them a safe and secure environment for worship.
- Protect your people, finances, and records. Trust those with access to sensitive information.
- Your church can be held responsible for the actions of an employee or volunteer found unfit for their position. Comprehensive background checks can reduce your ministry’s liability.
- The lack of better background checks puts everyone at risk. Reduce the risk to children, youth, members, and visitors.
Staff want it done right.
Save time and effort with cost-effective, background checks. Know the work you are in charge of is being done right by people you can really trust.
- Reduce hiring mistakes before it’s too late by providing a safe work environment for your staff and volunteers to do their jobs and care for others.
- Comply with all federal and state laws and insurance requirements by running better and more comprehensive background checks on employees and volunteers.
- Reduce risk of allegations of disparate treatment under Title VII laws.
Background Checks are already part of ACS.
To take advantage of the integration between ACS and Verified First, you will need to be on version 184.108.40.206 or later.
How to set up your new, integrated background checks service in ACS:
- Log in to ACS.
- Click “Grow Your Ministry” in the toolbar.
- Select “Background Checks,” and you’ll be taken to the Verified First signup page.
- Follow the prompts to start using background checks.