Online Small Groups
The City gives every group in your church a designated space for sharing life and ministry throughout the week.
Church life happens in community settings. Give your leaders and members the dynamic tools they need to improve communication between each other, the church, and your outside community. The City gives your leaders and members the dynamic tools they need to improve communication and connect regular attendees or even new visitors to groups that interest them.
Built for a greater purpose.
The City’s group features were built specifically for the church—to enable the unique mission of Christian communities. It gives you clear oversight of all your groups and provides built-in participation and engagement reporting. Built-in reporting means you’ll always know the pulse of life in specific groups and your church as a whole. You’ll know who’s engaged in community and how engaged they are. The City even lets you create custom metrics for evaluating the health of your groups.
- People in your church can go online and search for groups that interest them, find out more about them, and even request to join
- Track members from point of interest through connection with small groups
- Register and pay for group events online
- Group members can access contact information, communicate with each other, and view group calendars
- Leaders can update personal records and photos, view group and church directories
- Follow members who are interested in activities with your ministry
- Pull list for prayer chains or emergency contact
Maintain control at all times.
No matter the size or structure of your church, The City makes it easy to create and customize the groups you need to fit the specific needs of your church. And as your church grows or your needs change, it’s easy to make adjustments.
- Enable group communications including prayer requests via web, email and mobile apps
- Communicate to multiple groups at one time
- Foster connections with group finder and group mapping tools
- Create open, secure, or even hidden groups as appropriate
- Extend functionality with specific group types including Community Groups, Service, and others which have automated features built in
Privacy and security are priority #1.
The privacy of groups in The City makes it easy to maintain trust and build deeper community. Of course, when your group needs to network with other groups in your church, or connect with people outside your church, The City makes that easy, too.
- All users must sign in with a user name and password before they can view any data.
- The administrator creates the staff user accounts and sets up their passwords. (Staff can then change their own passwords.)
- When member users first register for Access ACS, they must enter their first name, last name, suffix (if they have one) and email address as entered in ACS People. The person is then sent an email with the user name and temporary password.
- You may set up an unlimited number of user profiles to be used as permissions for various types of users (such as Elders, Finance Committee, Ministry Leaders, and Members).
- Administrators can review all change requests and calendar requests before approving
Enable members to start unofficial groups.
The City’s "Seed Groups" feature gives people in your church the ability to create groups around special social interests or ministry callings. Seed Groups are unofficial but still connected to the pastoral care and oversight of your church. This means you can freely enable and shepherd spontaneous grassroots ministries for your whole church.
Run a special connection kiosk mode for visitors.
Turn any computer into a connection kiosk to help newcomers and disconnected members quickly get connected into the life of your church. An integrated Connect Group matches newcomers with your assimilation staff or volunteers, so they can assist them with finding the right group to join.
About The City
The City gives churches a modern way to keep their congregation more involved in what they're doing. It's a church-only online community that offers everything from small group management to sharing prayer requests with people you know. Members can instantly log in from their browser or mobile app to communicate with each other, find opportunities to serve, and discover new ways to be a blessing to each other. The City is built upon your data in ACS and keeps everything in sync.
Save 25% on ACS and The City
Add The City to your ACS subscription service, and you'll get 25% off both monthly fees (includes The City's Online Giving and Children's Ministry modules). Contact us to learn more. No obligation.