Summertime is a great time to try some new things with your church family. People have time off from work and are looking to have a little fun. Why not offer them some new, entertaining, interesting activities to help them build relationships with one another and enjoy themselves?
In addition to the planning that will be required for each event this summer, remember to use all the technology at your disposal to both promote your events (emails, text messages, social media), and also to record and catalog in your church database who attends what events so that you can follow up with them based upon their interest for future activities. Using your church database to its fullest like this will help those in church leadership get to know and truly understand parishioners on a deeper level.
Go have some fun this summer!
Here are 35 Fun Activities Your Church can enjoy this summer:
1. Outdoor game night – get out the corn hole or volleyball
2. All-Church Picnic – at the church or at a local park!
3. Hiking Day Trip – local hiking trails make for great family time
4. Outdoor church services – enjoy the warm weather!
5. Lake baptism – mark this important sacrament in a unique way
6. Campfire – gather the kids together and roast some marshmallows
7. Family Drive-in Movie night – put the church parking lot to good use!
8. Ice cream social – create delicious, cold treats on a warm night
9. Worship night – sing together in praise of our great God
10.Dad/Sons (Men’s) Fishing trip – make memories that will last a lifetime
11. Mothers/Daughters (Women’s) Spa Day – treat yourself!
12. Yard work for shut ins – let the teenagers get their hands dirty
13. Neighborhood BBQs with your neighbors – a great outreach!
14. Pool parties – cool off and have some fun together
15. Waterski Day trip – what’s better than a day on the lake?
16. Fireworks on July 4th – honor America with some pizazz!
17. Weekly Kids Reading Corner – get the kids together for a fun story
18. Ice Cream after evening church – surprise parishioners with a special treat!
19. Family photo scavenger hunt – family fun around the community
20. Church softball game – 1…2…3 strikes you’re out!
21. Men’s golf outing – hit the links with your pals
22. Cookie bake and delivery to seniors – deliver some sweet treats around town
23. Giant water balloon fight – head to a park with buckets and buckets of fun
24. Record Video messages to missionaries – send encouragement overseas!
25. Park clean-up project – local parks need some tender loving care
26. Prayer for the city night – make a difference for God’s Kingdom
27. Prayer for the nation night – ask God to bring peace and unity to our nation
28. Prayer for the world night – may the Lord be worshiped in every nation
29. Delivering supplies to people in need – the poor need a little extra help
30. Prayer walking in the inner city – intercede right where it’s needed most
31. Construction projects – get that building project finished!
32. Car wash fundraiser for youth – clean cars are a great mark of summer!
33. Spaghetti dinner fundraiser for missions – Carbo load for a good cause
34. Reception to appreciate the pastor – Honor the one who leads the flock
35. Trip to the Farmer’s Market – the freshest veggies in town are waiting
Enjoy the summer in the name of Jesus!
HOW TO MAKE BIBLE READING A PRIORITY DURING A PANDEMIC
Pingback: Pros & Cons of “The Next Best Thing” for Your Church