Gearing up for fall:
Ahhh…it’s almost fall! School has started. The leaves will change soon. Cooler air is just around the corner and the volunteer opportunities in your ministry are likely greater than ever. Now is the time to engage with your congregation to prepare for all of the ministry events that will be taking place this fall and the volunteers you’ll need to make them thrive!
VOLUNTEERING SHOULD BE MODELED AND ENCOURAGED BY THE PASTOR
Pastors are called to shepherd their flock. You are called to lead and serve your members well. But how often do we hear the pastor talk to their congregation about their expectations on how the church members should volunteer, serve, give and more. It needs to be addressed. The healthiest churches are those where the pastoral staff has expressed their expectations on how members should serve based on what the Bible says.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SOLICIT VOLUNTEERS FOR YOUR MINISTRIES AND EVENTS?
If you want to increase the number of volunteers, there are several things you can do, but it all starts with a goal of engaging people to serve more. Several factors are important to keep in mind when making goals for initiatives. Remember the who, what, when and how.
Download our guide, “Gearing up for Fall: Volunteering”, for helpful tips and tricks.
- Learn the best and most effective ways to communicate
- Learn how to establish lead and lag measures and what those mean
- Learn how to set the right goals and monitor against progress
WHAT ELSE WILL HELP THE FALL SEASON BE A SUCCESS IN MY CHURCH?
We cover other topics that are essential for a prosperous and successful fall, like:
- Events – What shapes and molds events at your church?
- Outreach – Learn how to communicate and nurture
- Giving – How are you communicating and encouraging faithful stewardship in your church?