Gearing up for fall:
Many people may not put these two terms together – outreach and church growth. The reality is this; outreach should lead to church growth.
In Matthew 28 Jesus gives his disciples the “Great Commission.”
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you.”
This strategy was put in place in Acts 1:8 when Jesus tells his disciples to begin in Jerusalem, then go to Judea and Samaria and then to the ends of the earth.
WITHOUT OUTREACH, CHURCH GROWTH WILL NOT OCCUR
In established congregations, or even small ones, many pastors and church leaders may find it harder to get their congregations to focus on outreach and why it’s so vitally important to the growth of your church. Congregations become complacent and steeped in tradition. Or they like their size. Or they’re comfortable with their building. But this is not at all what God calls us to. He doesn’t call us to a life of comfort or complacency. Some of the fastest growing churches in the Bible were those who were committed to outreach and evangelism!
WHAT DOES THE GREAT COMMISSION TEACH US ABOUT OUTREACH?
Download our guide, “Gearing up for Fall: Outreach”, to learn more.
- How is outreach reflective of evangelism?
- How are obedience and outreach connected?
- How are outreach and disciple-making are related?
WHAT ELSE WILL HELP THE FALL SEASON BE A SUCCESS IN MY CHURCH?
We cover other topics that are essential for a prosperous and successful fall, like:
- Volunteering – How to successfully recruit and maintain a steady volunteer base
- Events – What shapes and molds events at your church?
- Giving – How are you communicating and encouraging faithful stewardship in your church?